Monday, August 10, 2009

Disappointment

Disappointments-we face them every day. Today I feel disappointed. I am disappointed that life isn't turning out like I thought it was going too. I feel disappointment in my heart from not being able to understand God's whole picture from the beginning of my life. If He would let me see it, then I would know and wouldn't be disappointed because I would know what to do when. Instead, I am dealing with disappointment. My heart feels uncertain of what to feel when because it has disappointment in it. I find myself wary of trusting God. I find myself wondering why God gave us choices in life. I can choose to trust-I can choose to feel disappointment. Why do I think it has to be my way...why do I think this is God's plan B for our lives? What if this is God's plan A? Am I going to be okay with that or am I going to feel disappointment in God for the rest of my life because I think this is plan B? I want what I thought was plan A. I am disappointed that we now have to live in plan B; or I can choose to believe that God is sovereign? If I choose that avenue, I feel peace, trust, and life is okay. To believe that God is sovereign creates a strong thread that winds me tightly in my Father's embrace. I picture me there-not because I have to, but because I want to. Choices He left up to us. I feel broken there - yet loved. I feel tears because with that embrace I choose to believe that God knows what is best for me. My disappointment is replaced with an amazing sense of trust, security, and loyalty for my heavenly Father.

Last summer the girls had this hang up on getting mad at people who came close to our porch. For those of you who don't know us, we live at a bed and breakfast and our front patio goes right out onto the parking lot for our guests. One morning last summer Kira was out there with me and along came one of our guests. Kira, without batting an eye said "Hey old man!" I could have died of embarrassment. I appreciate this guest and his family very much and felt terrible that my two-year-old daughter would talk like that. I still don't know from where those words came. The worst part of that statement is with the consideration that children usually repeat words from their parents; so one could assume that is how we talk when no one is around. That of course not being true, but how could we prove that when our two-year-old pops off a statement of such disgrace? Fortunately for me, my guest was very gracious and understanding! Any amount of graciousness couldn't take away my embarrassment!

The past week has been fairly stressful for us again. As a result, we are feeling weak. Merlin is not doing very well tonight and I feel disappointed that the doing better is not holding out like I would like for it to do. Please pray that we would be able to melt our will to His. Please pray that Marlea would feel the security and love of Jesus.

Marylu and Merlin, Marlea, Anna

10 comments:

  1. Yea for you,Marylu!!! You chose LIFE again!!! You are such an inspiration!! We ALL need to TRUST our great God over and over again! He is BIG, STRONG, and ALWAYS trustworthy!! Mary ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. blind trust...what a paradox...and takes so much faith!
    My love - Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is ok to be disappointed. I think God is big enough to understand. I am praying for you. Beth Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you. I think of you when I sing a verse of song that goes, "I fear in the dark and the doubt of my journey, but courage will come with the sound of your steps by my side. And with all of the family you saved by your blood we'll sing to your dawn at the end of our journey."
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marylou,
    I understand what you are saying about disappointment. I always say if God would just let me know in black and white what he wants me too do I would do it. The fact is if he showed us ahead of time then we would not let ourselves love and care for those around us knowing the hurt to come and how devastating it is. We would be anxious and petrified until that time came and then we would just fall apart. (well at least I know I would). I know I would have done all in my power not to get pregnant all of those 5 times I lost my babys. But I know in the end that God has many reasons not just one for allowing these dreaded times to come. He uses our valleys in so many ways we probably couldn't keep count. And you Marylou have allowed yourself to be used more in number than the stars in the heaven. I think there will be a special crown in heaven just for you to cast at Jesus' feet. Thank you for your blogs. I'm still praying.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling heavy for you, Mary Lou, and I wish there would be some way I could "hold your hands up". Am holding you up to God in prayer.

    Love you, sister!

    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please know that we and others are holding you and your family up in prayer!
    God Bless you all!
    You are traveling a very difficult journey and heaven one day will be your reward.
    Kira will be waiting for you with open arms.
    sincerely,
    Linda and Tom Devlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary lou, the joy of the Lord is your strength midst heart and soul wrenching let-downs and disappointments. God is faithful and trustworthy.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless you, Mary Lou-you and your family.

    You need to be encouraged...I hope you are being encouraged. We love you.

    What you have been writing here the past half year have been encouraging and uplifting to me. Thank-you. verna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Lou, thanks for posting! Your comments about this being plan B struck me. Made me aware of how easy it is to have our plans and to assume a loving God's plans would be the same. You are walking a painful journey of faith; it blesses me to see you, like Job, being honest and yet choosing to stay in relationship with your Father even without understanding Him. Love you, Barb

    ReplyDelete