Tuesday, April 20, 2010

God's Pleasure

God continues to remain a mystery to me. I like mysteries, so it works well for me. When Kira was in the hospital and also over the time of her funeral, my brother and his wife basically moved into our "house" and took over Anna's care. It was a gift to us that we appreciated immensely. Anna was doted on, and lavished with love and attention those days. She strongly attached herself to them and as the days went by would even choose my sister in law, Martha rather than me. I didn't mind because I was stressed and busy and it was so nice to watch Anna enjoying them and they her. John and Martha love children but never had any of their own. When the time came for me to reclaim Anna it was heart-wrenching for me to watch them encourage her to rebond to me. They did it so well and were willing to step back and be aunt and uncle again. Anna had mother confusion for a little while. Probably over the next three months every time we would see them she would look somewhat confused and react a bit although it soon became less and less. I knew I could never repay them but I pleaded with God to give them one of their own. Tuesday their wish was granted. They are now a family of three after having given birth to a little girl. Martha and Kira almost shared a birthday-one day apart. My due date was on Martha's birthday but Kira decided to be a day ahead of time. Tuesday was Merlin's birthday. To us it feels like a gift from God to them; one that God planned to be on Merlin's birthday just to give us an extra encouragement to celebrate new life and good things that happen to people we love. It feels like a mystery-one for which I have no explanation besides the boundless joy in my heart. My joy comes from their embracing Anna so selflessly and then giving her back again. I had always wanted them to experience parenting but my fervor and desire for them intensified so much after watching them with Anna. My joy also comes from the shared birthday! One that will always be a reminder to us of the mystery of God!

Kira was crazy and had great tactics of pestering. One of her favorite things to do while I "tried" to sew was to stand behind me on the chair. Any one that sews knows that doesn't work too well. I am constantly reminded of it when I wear some of my dresses. The topstitching seams on some of them are just simply crooked. She would always manage to give me a good bump right in the middle of the waist or somewhere very noticeable. I got tired of taking them out so they are just crooked. I kinda like them like that now.

Please pray that we will know how to embrace healing and God's ways.

Marylu and Merlin, Marlea, Anna

8 comments:

  1. What wonderful news for your Brother & Sister-in-law! A true gift from God!

    Continuing to cover your family in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for John and Martha! And what a happy birthday, indeed! I am so grateful for celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us in our own journey and honoring us with these words. We continue to be grateful for the time we spent with Anna. It did so much for us. Martha (the new mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Martha & John! What wonderful news for your family. We know God works in mysterious ways. What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful post..
    I do believe God is always 'at work'!
    God Bless the new life in your family!
    Always thinking and praying for you and your family.
    Linda Devlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post...
    God does work in mysterious ways.
    Thinking and praying for you and your family!
    Linda Devlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. May you all continue to see God's grace in your mind heart and body as you heal and grow in your walk with the Lord.
    The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27
    In our prayers;
    Jo Ann Tarr

    ReplyDelete
  8. my friend, i not only hear a happiness for John & Martha...i also hear another step toward healing...hugs & my love!

    ReplyDelete