Monday, May 11, 2009

To Kira

Kira, today is the day after Mother's Day. I missed you terribly yesterday and yet in some ways I almost felt like you were here with us. What all goes on that we can't see? Who knows, will we never know and when we get to heaven will we care? I remember so well last Mother's Day how you were so excited about taking Anna to church for the first time. I was looking at the pictures we have of last year and you were happily holding your baby sister, so proud. I wish it was last year and everything would be okay. Marlea said today: "I wish we could be a happy family again." But, it's not last year, it's this year. We had a pretty good day. We went to the Make-a-Wish Parade and in the evening some family came over. It was different which was kinda nice. Even so, nothing could take away the hole that you have left. Nobody can fill the void, nothing can replace you. When I was outside planting flowers I felt like stuffing dirt in the hole in my heart. I tried, but it fell through the cracks. When I am folding towels, I think maybe I could stuff a towel in the hole, but alas, water seeps through. I am tempted to fill the hole with food, but I would never fill up. I am tempted to make my life so busy that I don't think about the hole-but it greets me at bedtime in the quiet. I laugh at Anna and Marlea, but they can't replace you. There will never be any other person just like you. I know yesterday you would have come and put your arms around me and so sweetly said: "Mommy, thanks for taking care of me". And that is all, you would have meant it with all your heart. My empty heart tries to feel it-but it's not real because you aren't here to touch, hear, and see. Some days I think I maybe if I wash your dress it would help, but I would hang it up again and you wouldn't wear it, just like before. Even my imagination can't fill the hole that you leave in my heart. So, I turn to Jesus. The Bible says in John 14: Let not your heart have holes, ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself, that where I am, there you may be also. The end of life with holes Kira! Between now and then I promise to only stuff my heart with Jesus. I know you want me to be happy and full of joy, just like you were.

I got Kira's Little Tykes car out of the shed this week for Anna to ride. It still had dirt in the back from Kira. I looked at it-fingered it remembering how she loved the dirt enough to eat it, throw it at Marlea, put it in her hair, make it into a pond. And as a stood there looking at it-Anna starts eating it. Was I surprised? No, I was thinking about trying it myself. It must be good!

Thanks so much for your prayers, cards, etc. especially over Mother's Day. I felt very lifted up by Jesus. Please pray that Merlin and I especially would have patience with our grieving and that we would have patience regarding his health issues. We are thankful that he is able to function fairly normally, although mostly because he forgets how it is to feel good. Pray too for the spiritual battle that has become part of our lives. We want Jesus!

Marylu and Merlin, Marlea, Anna

11 comments:

  1. Prayers prayers prayers!!! They are heading upwards on your behalf. Tonight I was at Lindsay's house and looking over at Edwin's across the road and thinking about you guys. I still ache for you. I'm sure this journey looks so long but Jesus PROMISES that there is an end with NO MORE PAIN!! How wonderful!! We love you all!! ---Devon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou, I wish I could have something profound to say, something that would make your world 'right' again...just...something! But I can't...all I can offer you is JESUS...the Balm of Gilead (hill of witness).
    My love - Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things we don't understand; so many questions that go unanswered. I also continue to wonder "why"...probably the biggest question of all...but no answer comes. Please know that I love you all, my family loves you and most importantly Jesus loves you. Someday I pray we can get the answers that we seek. All our love, Jeff, Debbie, Kyra & Bret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Marylou,

    I think you are right Marylou. Kira has all of those holes filled. In heaven she has everything no needs or wants like down here on earth because they are all filled by Jesus. As she is now in heaven I think she would tell you that that is all you need is JESUS! What a smart lady you are. Thank you for your posts. I keep your Christmas picture up on the refrigerator as a constant reminder to pray for you all. I wish one day to be able to come and see you once again.
    Charlie and
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all weekend. I am depending on Our Heavenly Father to do what He promises in these times. I love you, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marylu,
    Thank you for the nice time that Lysa and I had while staying there a few weeks ago. It was so good to see you.
    I think of you and your family often and pray that God will give you the peace that only He can give. I am sure Mother's Day had to be a hard day but what a blessing to have Marlea and Anna there to help you on that day.
    Again, I can't even begin to imagine what you and Merlin are going through but I know our God does. May He sustain you and give you grace.

    Lovingly in Christ,
    Betty Aylestock

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, thought and prayed for you on Mother's Day - it was a wonderful day, but I tried to think how you and your family were spending the day. I prayed it would be enjoyable with Marlea and Anna. I know Kira was with you all!
    God Bless you and Merlin and the girls!
    Linda Devlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. the other day i saw Marlea and Anna playing outside w/ Kira's car, repeatedly i kept looking out the window...then i realized that this is life still, that Kira's not here. it made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Lou
    I so keenly felt "the hole" when at your house on Sunday evening. It's real to me continually. As I read your descriptive letter various mental scenes of Kira flash into my mind. Comfort comes from our blessed Lord Jesus.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thining of you so much lately! Yesterday I took my class to Art and right next door is the Music room and the Jr.High class was working on the song "Swing Low Sweet Chariot". They are learning a really neat rendition of it. So many memories came flooding back and my heart broke for you all over again. So, I've been praying for you more as I walk by their room....
    Hugs...
    Mimy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still praying ... was so good to see your girls again and get a little better picture of what they are going through. I cry every time I read your site ... we know the pain of separation, even if ours are not dying. We love you so much ... lift you to the Father.

    Jay n Trish n Kensi

    ReplyDelete